의미[편집 | 원본 편집]
기본적으로는 「…의 위에」로서 「접촉」뜻을 나타냄.
- ① …위에
- ② ［소지․착용］ …에 지니고;걸치고
- ③ ［날짜․시간］ …에
- ④ ［근접］ …에 접하여
- ⑤ ［용무․상태］ …때문에; …하는 중
- ⑥ …하자 곧
- ⑦ …에 대하여
- ⑧ ［수단․근거․지지］ …으로;…에 입각하여
- ⑨ 앞쪽으로;계속해서
- ⑩ (수도․가스 등이) 통하여
뒤에 on이 붙는 단어들[편집 | 원본 편집]
- Depend on ~ : ~에 의지하다
- I depend on my car to get me to work every day.
- Focus on ~ : ~에 집중하다
- Let's focus on finding a solution to this problem.
- Rely on ~ : ~에 의지하다
- I rely on my friends for support when I need it.
- Insist on ~ : ~를 주장하다
- She insisted on taking the lead in the project.
- Count on ~ : ~에 의지하다
- You can count on me to be there for you when you need me.
- Build on ~ : ~을 기반으로 하다
- Let's build on our successes and keep moving forward.
- Comment on ~ : ~에 대해 논하다
- I would like to comment on the recent developments in the industry.
- Decide on
- We need to decide on a course of action before it's too late.
- Act on
- I'm going to act on your advice and start saving more money.
- Base on
- The movie was based on a true story.
- Center on
- The conference will center on topics related to climate change.
- Capitalize on : ~를 이용하다
- We need to capitalize on this opportunity while it lasts.
- Confer on
- The committee will confer on the best course of action.
- Congratulate on
- I want to congratulate you on your new job.
- Dwell on
- Let's not dwell on our mistakes; let's focus on finding a solution.
- Verging on ~ : ~에 가까운, 거의 ~ 인
- The critic's comments were so harsh that they where verging on insults
- Bordering on ~ : ~에 접한, ~ 에 달한
- The critic's comments were so harsh that they where bordering on insults